I was recently pleasantly super-surprised with a nomination for the Mystery Blogger Award from Lucas and Faith of Red Lips and Rose.
The creator of this award is Okoto Enigma’s Blog – thank you for bringing this to the blogging community by the way!
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, anud they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- Nominate 10-20 people & notify.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me
- I am turning 40 this year! Ayaya!
- My husband and I have two German Shepherd fur-children. A boy and a girl. ;)
- My skin has never been drier since moving to the Nevada desert about five years ago (from Napa Valley, California btw). YEAH.
1. What is your current Netflix binge? Heartland. It's my second binge on it actually since my hubby came in on it halfway and got hooked so he wanted to watch it from the beginning, ha! We love horses and fun fact: we actually got to know each other better before dating while taking riding lessons from a mutual friend who owned a ranch. Awww, yes, so cool.
2. What is one goal blogging or other that you have for this month? Oh boy, I suppose the main goal I have right now is to get my fitness regime consistent as I would really like to lose about 5-10 pounds (which will obviously take more than a month) but I'd also be happy with a flatter stomach and toned arms! Yuppers, we'll see how that goes because as I am typing this I am literally wearing my CARBS t-shirt (I also like to workout in it). Haha.
3. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Community? Posting? I'm a newbie to the blogosphere but I think my fave thing about blogging is the very reason I even decided to start which is the feeling of making a difference. We don't always know if we are but that's why I was taken aback when I saw the tweet notifying me of being nominated for this award. It was such a wonderful, warm, fuzzy feeling to know that someone thought of my blog highly enough to share with others in this special way. So, thank you!
4. What helps you focus when writing your posts? Making sure I've eaten. I'm totally serious. But besides that, honestly, one of my weaknesses is getting myself to write them. But once I start I usually hit my flow pretty quick, so far anyway. Again, I'm new at this. I do plan to work on being better about sticking to my blogging schedule and more organized with my ideas for content.
5. What is one Disney movie that you can watch over and over? Alice in Wonderland for sure.
My Favorite Posts
Abbey from Abbey Kay
Amanda from The Organic Bunny
Amy from A Fashion Nerd
Charlotte from charlotteunderwoodauthor.com
Grace from Finding Gracie
Helen from Helen's Journey
Jen from Jen Gotch Is OK...Sometimes
Jessica from Personal Growth & Success
Katie from Katie's Sanctuary
Keiko from Keiko Lynn
Lo from Sip Dine Design
Lozza from Girly Gabble
Lucas and Faith from Red Lips and Rose
Regina from Cherry Lips Blonde Curls
Tami from The Inspiration Lady
- What five words would you use to describe your blog?
- What five words would you use to describe yourself?
- How many real life friends do you have who also blog?
- If you could choose your own name would you keep the name you were given at birth? Or change it, and if so, to what?
- Do you eat (or drink, ha) while your writing your blog posts? If so, do you have a go-to snack (or drink)?
Thanks again for this award! And that was FUN! Woop woop. Yes, I really just did that as I'm getting ready to publish this post. :)